Wednesday, December 21, 2005

my favorite music at the moment





Goldfrapp, Supernature. Why there aren't more artists making music like this is beyond me. Much more interesting and glam than Madonna could ever hope to be.

LCD Soundsystem. My friend Yvonne thinks they should change their name to LCDC. Fun, funky, fresh!

Casey Stratton, Divide. Just because it's beautiful.

Kate Bush, Aerial. Also quite beautiful.

Arcade Fire, Funeral.

Antony and the Johnsons, I am a bird now. My roommate said Antony reminds him of Tiny Tim, but sounds better. Hmm. Melodramatic and queer. And quite pretty as well. What more could you ask for?

The Cardigans, Super Extra Gravity. Gotta love those Swedes.

Imogen Heap, Speak for Yourself.

Franz Ferdinand, You Could Have it So Much Better.

Fiona Apple, Extraordinary Machine.

Sigur Ros, Takk. Truely stunning.

I think I'll have to follow this up with my favorite songs from the past year.

OH! And Lady Miss Kier recently performed at Circuit in Chicago! I was expecting some of my friends in Chicago to go and to report back, but no one has! It wasn't a dj set. She performed new songs, and even some Deee-Lite tracks. WHY I didn't fly up for this show..... DAMN. Is there a solo record from Miss Kier on the way? I'll die. Deee-lovely.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home