Sunday, December 25, 2005

My first visit to Samm in Seattle a few years ago. Is that what 25 looked like?

These two photos above (hopefully) are of Brent. We only dated for a brief time, but I still think of him fondly and often. Such a sweet talented guy. We maintained a relationship to a degree - when he was performing somewhere in drag, he wouldn't do it unless I was there to make him look beautiful. If we had met under different circumstances, or at different times, I think we really could've done some great work together.
My beautiful friend Jill. Julius did the makeup and styling for this. We used to get together and do these photo shoots at their place in Chicago. Natalie Wood?


This is Eve Berlin. At the time he was in a struggling band called Atrixo - a band whose music I still adore. It's sad that they dis-banded. The world never got a chance to hear them. He's now in a band called Living Things. They just released their first record on Jive. Eve is quite beautiful and a very talented bass player.
About a year and a half ago I had the honor of meeting Petra Nemkova and got to do her makeup for a Sports Illustrated contest called Fresh Faces. Petra was more stunning in person than in any photograph I have seen of her. She is so charming and sweet. These are the some of the reasons I miss being in Chicago. I don't have as many opportunities like this in Atlanta.


until i have a real webpage, this is just going to have to do. i hate that i don't know how to format this better. but i am enjoying putting a lot of my photographs up for people to see - even though it may just be Samm that is looking at this! love ya!

mm. rufus.



2 Comments:

Blogger Sam said...

i appreciate your posting them for me. . .Were you really 25 when you came to Seattle for the first time? Remember the Canadian cats?

10:30 PM  
Blogger David said...

I honestly can't remember exactly when it was. I may have been 24. I DO remember the canadian cats. They were so... canadian.

10:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home