Friday, March 24, 2006

overheard conversations

woman 1: "i haven't seen you at church in a while!"
woman 2: no response
woman 1 : "well, i have been there and i've been praying for you," as she patted woman 2's arm.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!! This pisses me off!
Now, in this situation, I guess one could make the assumption that they may have similar beliefs. With that in mind, woman 2 could have appreciated this comment. However, if she hasn't been to church in a while, maybe there is a reason for it. Maybe she just hasn't been to woman 1's church. To me it is such a judgemental comment. My reaction could be directly related to my Southern Baptist upbringing - but that is another entry. I firmly believe that everyone has a right to believe what they want to believe, and if you want to pray for someone else, think about them while you meditate, send them happy thoughts, you have every right, but maybe you don't need to tell them about it. Isn't it enough that you are doing it? Do you need to be recognized for your generosity?

So, if anyone is praying for me, please keep it to yourself!

1 Comments:

Blogger Sam said...

I am totally praying for you, Dave, and I am going to be LOUD AND CLEAR about it so that you know that I am morally and spiritually superior to you. Amen.

10:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home