Friday, March 10, 2006

march glam slam dance happenin'


A la Parker Posey in Party Girl (at least in my mind), i'm busy turning the place into a club for a slightly impromptu dance party tomorrow night. Impromptu has turned into the possibility that not too many people will be able to be here. Notheless, the doors will be open at ten for all that want to join us. Hopefully lady bunny will be seen at the front door looking for her ear ring. I've been working on playlists - one on itunes, to be played from the computer, the other an on-the-go playlist on my ipod to be played from the creature II. it's the closest i can get to mixing and having a real dj set - something i've always dreamt of doing. It's also a bit about my desire to have my own club one day. Silly, maybe, but should be fun. Music, friends, booze, what else could I ask for?


I just wish I was ale to bring in all my friends from around the world to join us. It's sorta my early birthday party - since I'll be in Chicago right before my birthday (and also my birthday is on a Tuesday). But more about having the people I love around me.

So hopefully noone pisses in the shower, and the police don't come.

key songs on the playlist (the first has 96 songs, the second about 50 - I think I need to do some editing - but that will mostly happen live - once I get the feel of the "crowd" and the night)

goldfrapp goldfrapp goldfrapp!
ooh la la, number 1, train, strict machine
madonna
sorry (psb remix), hung up
prince
kiss, when doves cry, erotic city
bjork - there's more to life than this
scissor sisters
deee-lite

oh there is just too many!

this was Kyle's evite response, my favorite so far:
This is the wes' side (of Moreland) declaring a dance war on da eas' side. "Get on the floor, baby lose control..." I'll be Madonna and her posse and you can be Brittany. Let me see if John Paul will git my back.

I told him I am so NOT britney!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home